Resize your image to a reasonable width (the image width of the Cambrian Search Page is 350px).
Upload the image to ILSTRAT
Upload your image to ILSTRAT with the name ending with xxxx_imagemap.jpg
Online Image Map Editor
Go to the free image map editor page Online Image Map Editor
Upload the image into the site
- "Use an Image on your computer:"
- Click the "Choose File" button and navigate to the file location on your computer.
- Click the "Upload" button.
- Click the "accept" checkmark, and your image should appear on the screen.
Creating your image map
- Select "Wiki imagemap" from the Output: Dropdown box
- Click the word "Code" on the page to expand the code box
- Draw your first area (a rectangle, a circle, or polygon)
- Enter the page name you want to link to in the "Href:" box and the "Alt:" box
- Example Trempealeauan Stage not http://isgs.illinois.edu/ilstrat/index.php/Trempealeauan_Stage
- For the next area you want to map, move the selection to the next line and proceed as above. Repeat until you are done.
- Copy all the text in the Code box to the wiki page where you want the image map to appear.
- Change the blue highlighted text to the image that you uploaded to ILSTRAT
- e.g. Figure_C-3_imagemap.jpg
- Delete the red highlighted text